Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
Is Lockey Ransomware a serious infection?
Lockey Ransomware is another nefarious file-encrypting type of malware that can cause great damage to computer system. It’s the kind of threat that would encrypt all of your important files no exceptions and then would demand payment from you to recover them back. In most cases users do not get their files back even after payment is made, and for this, ransomware is considered to be one of the most dangerous pieces of malware.
Usually, the infection happens when users carelessly open malicious email attachments/links or if they download something from unsafe and unknown sources. If you find your files encrypted, we definitely do not recommend you to pay the ransom demanded. Hackers are crooked enough and will not necessarily feel obligated to help you, even after you pay the ransom they demanded from you. Instead of complying with the demands, you should completely remove the Lockey Ransomware. And if you had backup, you can simply recover your files from there but you have to get rid of the Lockey Ransomware.
Ransomware infection methods
There’s no denying that ransomware infections oftentimes come from users being careless when they use email, click links, and download freeware. What hackers usually do is write up a sloppy letter and simply attach their ransomware as an attachment. When users open the attachment/link, whether because they are ignorant about it or because they’re curious, the ransomware would easily and simply sneak into the computer. This is why it is important that users are informed because they need to know for themselves about how to spot malicious emails. Ransomware can also spread through unsafe downloads or from freeware and shareware. You should also avoid questionable sites as well as Torrents because they are a great way for such ransomware to infect your computer and your system.
What happened to your important files?
Once ransomware managed to enter a computer, it then immediately starts encrypting files. I most cases, you might not even notice not until your can’t open them and they have a weird file extension appended to them. You should then be able to see the ransom note which would explain everything why you can’t open your files. As usual with ransomware, you would be demanded to pay a certain amount of money in order for you to get the decryptor to recover your files. If you do not have any other option or desperate enough, you might consider paying the ransom is a good idea but you should consider a few things first before anything else. First, basically you are dealing with cyber criminals who did not hesitate to encrypt your files at all. So think about it what’s stopping them from just taking your money and not helping you. And when you do pay, you would also be supporting their future projects. Backup would have saved you a lot of trouble if you just did and that’s what you should do for future protection. You could just get rid of the Lockey Ransomware and proceed to recover the data. If you do not have it, we highly suggest that you invest money into that, rather than complying with the demands. In this way, if you ever lose access to your important files, you would not have trouble recovering them at all.
Lockey Ransomware removal
We do not really recommend you attempt manual removal of the Lockey Ransomware because it is definitely difficult for those who aren’t too familiar with data recovery process, and you might damage your system if you do it without knowledge. Instead, you should invest or obtain a reliable and powerful anti-malware software, and have it remove Lockey Ransomware for you. However, the tool will only erase the Lockey Ransomware, and it will not recover your files.
Use an anti-malware program
We recommend using SpyRemover Pro, a highly effective and widely used malware removal program to clean your computer of Lockey Ransomware. In addition to Lockey Ransomware, this program can detect and remove the latest variants of other malware.
SpyRemover Pro has an intuitive user interface that is easy to use. To get rid of Lockey Ransomware, the first step is to install it, scan your computer, and remove the threat.
You can perform a full system scan through the recommended anti-malware tool SpyRemover Pro.
- Turn your PC on. Once it’s on, you need to reboot
- Then, the BIOS screen will show up, however, if Windows pops up instead, you will need to reboot your computer and try one more time. Once the BIOS screen is on, repeatedly press F8, to open the Advanced Option and shows up.
3. Use the arrow keys to navigate the Advanced Option and then choose the Safe Mode with Networking then click it.
4. The Safe Mode with Networking will then be loaded.
5. Kindly press and hold both R key and Windows key together.
6. The Windows Run Box will appear if it is done correctly.
7.Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
*There should be a single space in between explorer and http. Hit OK.
8. There, appear a dialog box by Internet Explorer. Click Run to start downloading SpyRemover Pro. It will automatically start the installation once it’s done downloading.
9. Simply launch the SpyRemover Pro by clicking OK.
10. Hit Run button to run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan thereafter.
- Once all the infection has been detected and identified, click REMOVE ALL.
12. Invest into the SpyRemover Pro program to further protect your computer from future threats.
Why is automatic removal more recommendable?
- You know only one virus name: “Lockey Ransomware “, but the truth is you have infected by a bunch of viruses.
The SpyRemover Pro program detects this threat and all others.
- SpyRemover Pro is quite fast! You need only few minutes to check your PC.
- SpyRemover Pro uses the special features to remove hard in removal viruses. If you remove a virus manually, it can prevent deleting using a self-protecting module, it takes hours and may damage your PC. If you even delete the virus, it may recreate himself by a stealthy module which you don’t want.
- SpyRemover Pro is compatible with any antivirus.
- SpyRemover Pro is convenient to use.