Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is LilPlay.com? And how does it function?
LilPlay.com is advertised as a service that supposedly allows users to access movies, music, games, books and other content for users and is developed by Eimhir Ltd. However, this program is actually a phishing website and belongs to the category of unwanted programs which is reported to be a scam that charges its users for unsolicited services. According to researchers, it seems to be related to or created by the same crooks that created other unwanted programs such as Geeker and Tzarmedia.
If you use this program, LilPlay.com will trick you into trying out free membership but when you try to explore the contents on the website, you will be asked to create an account and enter your credit card information – when this happens to you, you must not give your credit card credentials as you will be charged with tons of subscriptions and memberships you didn’t sign up for. According to the users who got tricked by LilPlay.com, they were charged from $1 to $30 without them realizing it.
One of the main problems in using this website is that when you try to cancel your membership or get some refund from all the money that was paid for services you didn’t use, it would be impossible to do so. Some users even tried calling the number on their website which is +44-203-300-0315 or 1-302-722-4141 but they barely got any assistance at all. Therefore, the best way to go about this is to contact your bank and block money transfers from this phishing website.
How does LilPlay.com spread online?
You can get redirected to LilPlay.com when you click an ad online. But if you’re constantly redirected to this site, it could only mean one thing – there is some ad-supported program installed on your PC. Adware programs are often one of the main causes for many browser redirects. So if you always see ads that are promoting LilPlay.com, you need to check your computer for any adware. Usually, adware programs travel the web through software bundles where it is hidden among other free programs. Installing these kinds of programs using the Custom or Advanced setup is a must as this is the only way you can avoid adware and other unwanted programs from infiltrating your PC.
Remove LilPlay.com from your PC by following these steps:
Step1. Close all the browsers affected with LilPlay.com. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step2. After you open the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the infected browser’s process and end it.
Step3. Tap the Win + R keys on your keyboard and type in appwiz.cpl and then click on OK or tap Enter to open Control Panel.
Step4. Once you see the list of all the installed programs, look for any suspicious program that is affiliated with LilPlay.com and then Uninstall it.
Step5. Close Control Panel.
Step6. Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for LilPlay.com or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step7. Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step8. Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to LilPlay.com and delete it/them.
Step9. Close the File Explorer.
Step10. Empty your Recycle Bin.
To make sure that you didn’t miss anything and that LilPlay.com is completely removed from your computer, follow the advanced steps below.
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading the program. The installation will start automatically once a download is done.
- Click OK to launch it.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.