Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Livemediasearch.run? And how does it work?
Livemediasearch.run is a bogus search engine affiliated to the Smart Music browser extension. This dubious search engine supposedly improves the browsing experience of its users by generating a much more enhanced search results. It may seem like a useful and look the part of being legitimate but despite its seemingly harmless looks malware researchers categorize Livemediasearch.run as a browser hijacker. When installed, it will immediately hijack the browsers installed in the computer so that there is no way for users to use other search engine but Livemediasearch.run.
Note that this browser hijacker does not even provide users with accurate results to their search queries. Most of the search results are modified in order to make more room to the sponsored content from its affiliated sites. What’s more is that this browser hijacker can also monitor your browsing activities in order to harvest important data.
How is Livemediasearch.run distributed over the web?
You can come across this browser hijacker when you install software bundles that are being distributed on free sharing sites. If you do not want unwanted programs like Livemediasearch.run from sneaking into your computer, you must always select the Custom or Advanced setup instead of the quick or standard one.
Follow the removal guide prepared below to ensure the successful removal of Livemediasearch.run from your computer.
Step 1: The first thing you have to do to get rid of Livemediasearch.run from your computer is to close all the affected browsers manually. If you find it hard to do so, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Once you’ve pulled up the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the affected browser’s process and end it.
Step 3: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now switch to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button.
- Then check the box for “Delete personal settings” and then click Reset again.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Livemediasearch.run or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Click on Advanced.
- After that, click the Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section.
- Tap Alt + H to access Help.
- Next, select “Troubleshooting information” and click “Refresh Firefox” at the top of the page.
- Now click “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the reset.
Step 4: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 5: Look for Livemediasearch.run among the list of installed programs and any other suspicious program could be affiliated to it and then Uninstall it.
Step 6: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 7: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files related to Livemediasearch.run and delete it/them.
Step 8: Close the File Explorer.
Step 9: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Getting rid of Livemediasearch.run browser hijacker won’t be enough so you have to follow the advanced removal guide prepared below.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.