Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Qom007.site? And how does it work?
Qom007.site is a malicious domain that caters to various fake alerts and tech support scams that tries to trick users into thinking that something is wrong with their computer and that they have to download a bogus program to fix it which is completely false.
If you always find yourself getting redirected to this malicious domain whenever you browse the web, there could be an adware program installed on your system. In other words, an ad-supported program is the one that’s been causing such redirects to this unsafe website. Note that this adware program has the ability to modify all your browser’s settings so that every time you surf the internet, you will always be redirected to Qom007.site.
Whenever you are taken to this site, you will see either of its two different variations – one of which is a pop-up that displays this text:
“Your Windows Computer is Infected With (3) Viruses!Your device is infected with (3) Viruses.
The pre-scan found possible of (4) malware and (3) phishing/spyware.
Your system is at risk of irreversible damage – Immediate removal advised!Scanning and cleaning is advised to prevent further system damage, loss of personal data, photos and passwords.
Traces of (1) Phishing/Spyware has been found on your computer. Personal and banking information may at risk”
So if you always come across this malicious domain and other similar ones, you must close the tab of this domain and if you find it hard to do so, try closing the browser itself manually or end the browser’s process in the task manager to close it.
How does Qom007.site spread online?
This malicious domain roams the web using deceiving sponsored contents. However, more often than not, it spreads through adware programs that are being distributed through software bundles found on free sharing sites. They are added as optional components in a software package and can sneak into your computer without your permission if you install the free software package using only the quick or standard setup rather than the recommended Custom or Advanced installation setup.
Make sure to follow the removal guide laid out below to erase Qom007.site from your computer.
Step 1: Tap F11 to exit if your browser is forced into full screen mode.
Step 2: After that, try to close the browser manually. If you find it hard to do so, close the browser through the Task Manager.
Step 3: Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to launch the Task Manager.
Step 4: After opening the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the affected browser’s process and end it by clicking End Task or End Process.
Step 5: Close the Task Manager
Step 6: Reset all the affected browsers to default.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for suspicious browser extensions or any unwanted add-on, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step 6: Next, tap the Win + R keys to open Run and then type in appwiz.cpl to open Control Panel to uninstall the adware program behind the fake alert.
Step 7: Look for the adware program or any unfamiliar program under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 8: Close the Control Panel and tap the Win + E keys to open File Explorer.
Step 9: Navigate to the following directories and look for the adware installer like the software bundle it came with as well as other suspicious files and delete them.
Step 10: Close the File Explorer and empty the Recycle Bin.
To make sure Qom007.site is completely eliminated as well as the adware program behind it, follow the advanced steps below:
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading the program. The installation will start automatically once a download is done.
- Click OK to launch it.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click the REMOVE ALL button.