Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is www.searching.com? And how does it work?
www.searching.com is a search engine which might look like an interesting one as it sports a picturesque background image when installing in a browser. And just like other search engines, it has a search field and button that allows you to search for anything on the web. When you type in any keyword, you will be redirected to the “Plus! Network” search results page – a search provider known to be unreliable and shady.
Although it seems like a legitimate search engine, if you install the www.searching.com search engine, there will be several changes made to your browser’s settings as it will set its domain as the default search engine and will start to control your browsing sessions. This is why it is categorized as a browser hijacker and a PUP that’s also related to other unwanted programs such as Plus! Network, TDownloader, Youtube Accelerator, Search Module and BrowserAir.
The next time you use your browser you will now see www.searching.com as its search provider. However, the search results provided by its affiliated search provider, Plus! The network can’t be trusted as they are modified. Meaning to say, on the search results page, it injects tons of sponsored content which includes in-text links, banners, pop-ups, and many more. Some of these ads can reroute you to suspicious websites so you need to be cautious in browsing the internet. In addition, this browser hijacker also has the ability to track your browsing activities in order to obtain information like your IP address, browsing history, search queries, etc. These harvested data are then used to produce more targeted and customized ads to increase the profit of the developers of www.searching.com.
How does www.searching.com circulate the web?
www.searching.com circulates the web through software bundling – a technique utilized by developers of PUPs as it is a proven and effective way of installing such programs even without permission from users.
Make use of the removal guide set below to get rid of www.searching.com from your system.
Step 1: The first thing you have to do to get rid of www.searching.com from your computer is to close all the affected browsers manually. If you find it hard to do so, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Once you’ve pulled up the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the affected browser’s process and end it.
Step 3: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for www.searching.com or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Click on Advanced.
- After that, click the Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section.
- Tap Alt + H to access Help.
- Next, select “Troubleshooting information” and click “Refresh Firefox” at the top of the page.
- Now click “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the reset.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now switch to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button.
- Then check the box for “Delete personal settings” and then click Reset again.
Step 4: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 5: Look for Www.searching.com among the list of installed programs and any other suspicious program could be affiliated to it and then Uninstall it.
Step 6: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 7: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files related to Www.searching.com and delete it/them.
Step 8: Close the File Explorer.
Step 9: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Erasing www.searching.com browser hijacker won’t be enough so you have to follow the advanced removal guide prepared below.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.