Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
If you encounter a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error with an error code of “APC_INDEX_MISMATCH” after you upgraded your Windows 10 to its latest version, worry not as this post will show you a couple of suggestions you can try that could help you identify the cause of the error and fix it. Aside from the error code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, the Blue Screen error might also be accompanied by other error codes such as 0x0000001, 0x02A7DA8A , 0xC6869B62 or 0x97503177.
This kind of Blue Screen of Death error mainly occurs when you have an incompatible driver or hardware. In other words, if you have incompatible display driver or audio driver, it can cause such problem on your Windows 10 PC. Before you go on any further, you must take note of the file that has failed – just like in the image above, it indicates win32kfull.sys, write it down as a reference.
According to Microsoft, this kind of BSOD error indicates that the error has something to do with a kernel internal error. This error is displayed on exit from a system call. And according to them, one of the most common causes of this bug check is when a driver or a file system has a mismatched sequence of calls to disable and re-enable APCs. To fix this error, here are some options you have to try:
Option #1 – Try to disable the Realtek HD Audio Manager from Startup
You can try disabling the HD Audio Manager from your Startup as this issue mostly occurs because of a corrupt audio driver. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Tap the keys Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- After opening the Task Manager, switch to the Startup tab and look for Realtek HD Audio Manager.
- Right click on it and select Disable or you could also select it and click on the Disable button located at the bottom right corner of the window.
Afterwards, check if it fixes the problem – if it does, you must uninstall Realtek HD Audio Manager and install it again.
Option #2 – Update or reinstall display driver
Like pointed out earlier, this issue occurs due to a corrupt display driver so you can fix the problem by updating or reinstalling the display driver. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Tap the Win + R keys to launch Run.
- Type in devmgmt.msc into the box and tap Enter or click OK to open the Device Manager.
- After that, a list of device drivers will be displayed. If you see a red or yellow sign that shows up against the driver, right-click on the driver’s name and select “Update Driver Software”. And if you find any “Unknown device”, you need to update it as well.
- Select the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option and then follow the instructions to complete the process.
Option #3 – Use the Blue Screen Troubleshooter
You can also use the built-in Blue Screen Troubleshooter in Windows 10 to fix the Stop error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. Follow the steps to use it.
- Open Windows Settings and go to Update & Security.
- After that, go to Troubleshoot and select the option for Blue Screen.
- Click the “Run the troubleshooter” button to start.
Option #4 – Try checking the Even Viewer
Since the Even Viewer in Windows collects information about all the things that happen on the system, you can check it to further narrow down and fix the problem. In the Even Viewer, you will see additional information about the Stop error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. The information might help you fix the problem easily.
Option #5 – Try removing the DisplayLink driver
If you are using a dual monitor or even more and you encounter this BSOD error, it might be caused by some problem in the DisplayLink driver. If that indeed is the case, you have to remove the DisplayLink driver. All you have to do is open Control Panel and go to Programs and Features and then look for DisplayLink driver and uninstall it.
There is a one-click solution you could check out to fix the error BSOD APC_INDEX_MISMATCH error if none of the solutions given above worked out for you. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using PC Cleaner Pro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIO screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/pccleanerpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading PC Cleaner Pro. The installation will start automatically once a download is done.
- Click OK to launch PC Cleaner Pro.
- Run the program and click the Click to Start Scan button to perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click FIX ALL.