Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
We tend to use shortcuts in our keyboards whenever we use our laptops and computers. One of the most utilized keyboard shortcuts is the Function or Fn keys such as F1, F2, F3, F4 and so on. These particular shortcuts come in handy for lots of users as it saves users the hassle of having to perform certain tasks just to execute a function or so.
Aside from PCS, laptops are also equipped with these keys. So what happens when these functions keys stopped working? Well obviously, you won’t be able to perform tasks as efficiently as before since you won’t be able to use these shortcuts.
As of late, some users reported facing an issue where the Functions keys on their laptops stopped working. The problem could be caused by some outdated drivers and since there are various laptop brands, the troubleshoot specifics vary. However, the troubleshooting techniques, in general, don’t really differ much. If you are one of the users suffering from this issue, refer to the given suggestions below and see which one of them worked best for you.
Option 1 – Try running the Hardware Troubleshooter
The first thing you can do to fix the problem is by running the Hardware Troubleshooter. Although it won’t make much of a difference, there’s still a possibility that it could automatically fix the problem with these function keys. To use it, refer to these steps:
- The first thing you need to do is click on Start and then on the gear-like icon to pull up the window for Settings.
- After opening Settings, look for the Update and Security option and select it.
- From there, go to the Troubleshoot option located on the left-hand side of the list.
- Next, select Hardware and Devices from the list and open the Troubleshooter and run it. Once it is doing its job, wait for it to complete the process and then restart the system.
- After the system restarts, check if the problem’s now fixed. If not, refer to the next option given below.
Option 2 – Update the drivers on your laptop
The latest Function key drivers can be found on the official site of the manufacturer so you need to check that one out so you could update them and see if it can fix the problem or not. On the other hand, if your drivers are set to be automatically updated, you can go to the Device Manager and uninstall each driver for the function keys and then reinstall them. If you find it hard to do manual driver installations, you can just download each driver easily – all you have to do is to select between “Update” and “Update All” and then you’re good to go.
If none of the two solutions given above worked out for you, there is also a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to fix the Function keys problem on your Windows 10 laptop. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions for downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now”button.