Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
With the latest Windows 10 version comes a new built-in tool that you can use to remove unnecessary files from your PC so you can free up some space in your PC, hence the name “Free Up Space”. This built-in tool makes use of the Windows 10 feature called Storage Sense that can automatically clean junk files from the computer in every 15, 30, 60 days or even every day. So if you want to utilize this feature, you can configure it to automatically run or at predefined intervals.
Refer to the instructions laid out below to free up disk space on your Windows 10 PC.
Step 1: Open Setting > System > Storage from the WinX Menu.
Step 2: From there, you will see a list of all the local and connected storage device along with the details on the free space.
Step 3: Now make sure that the Storage Sense feature is turned On then go find a link that says “Free Up Space” and click it to open.
Step 4: After that, a screen which is the built-in program in Windows 10 will appear and will scan your computer for the following junk files so you can free up disk space:
- Windows Upgrade Log Files
- The system created Windows error Reporting Files
- Temporary Internet Files
- Previous Windows Installation Files
- Delivery Optimisation Files
- DirectX Shader Cache
Choose the files you want to get rid of and then click on the remove files option. Note that you’ll have an idea of the total size as you select any of the junk files listed above. In addition, each of the listed junk files also gives you more information so that you can decide if you really want to remove it or not. For instance, the DirectX Shader Cache helps your computer in speeding up the loading time of the apps installed in your system as well as improves their responsiveness. What’s more is that if you only want to get rid of the previous version of files, Storage Sense offers direct up under the section of Free Up Space. Once you’re inside Storage Sense, you just have to scroll until you find the section named “Free up Space now”. Simply select the checkbox labeled “Delete Previous Windows versions of Windows” and click on the Clean now button. But before you do that, you need to keep in mind that once you delete the file, you won’t be able to switch back to the previous version of Windows. By default, they are only kept for 10 days and will then be automatically deleted until then.
Just a tip, if you really want to free up a lot of disk space, you need to check the browsers and apps as they keep a lot of cached files. These cached files make your browsing experience and use of the programs better as you need not re-download things that you’ve already seen so when you remove files from there all these things in the cached files have to be re-downloaded again.
Just like the Free Up Disk Space built-in tool in Windows 10, there is also another program that could help you free up some space on your computer. What makes this program better than the Free Up Disk Space is that aside from helping you free up space on your computer, it helps you in fixing whatever issue your system is facing. This program is known as Restoro and is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance, including high CPU usage of some program in your system. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.