Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Critical Vulnerability Found Popup?
Critical Vulnerability Found Popup is a scam alert that is shown on phishing websites. The main goal of this scam alert is to make you think that your computer is in a critical condition to make you download a certain antivirus to fix the supposed problem. It tells you to press OK in order to download their recommended antivirus program which is an unwanted and suspicious program. It displays the following message on the browser:
“Critical Vulnerability Found
Download and Install ANTIVIRUS immediately!
OS type: Windows 7
Press OK to begin the repair process.”
Once again, this is just a fake alert. All you have to do is just close the browser with the fake alert to stop it. However, if you are always redirected to this site and you keep seeing this kind of alert this could mean that there’s a malware infection on your computer. Such cases could happen when you download software bundles that often combine both legitimate software and unwanted programs so that naïve users can install the legitimate software along with the unwanted program.
How does Critical Vulnerability Found Popup circulate online?
As pointed out you can encounter Critical Vulnerability Found Popup when there is some unwanted program installed in your computer. These programs are commonly distributed through software bundles found in free sharing sites. To avoid such occurrences, be sure to opt for the Advanced or Custom installation option to remove unwanted programs from the bundle that caused scam alerts like Critical Vulnerability Found Popup from popping up in your computer.
To get rid of Critical Vulnerability Found Popup, be sure to carefully follow the removal guide below and the advanced steps to successfully remove the scam alert.
Step 1: Open Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time.
Step 2: Go to the Processes tab and look for any suspicious processes.
Step 3: Right-click on the files, click Open File Location and then scan them using a reputable antivirus program such as SpyRemover Pro. After opening their folders, end their processes and delete their folders. If the virus scanner fails to detect something that you know is suspicious, don’t hesitate to delete it.
Step 4: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Look for any suspicious program and then Uninstall it.
Step 5: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously.
Step 6: Go to the directories listed below and delete everything in it. Or other directories you might have saved the file related to the Critical Vulnerability Found Popup.
Step 7: Look for any suspicious executable file that could be related to the scam.
Step 8: Right-click on it and click Delete.
Step 9: Remove the adware responsible for the scam from your browsers by resetting them.
- Launch Google Chrome and open its menu by pressing Alt + F.
- Click Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings located at the bottom part of the page.
- Click on the Reset settings button.
- Click Reset.
- Start Mozilla Firefox.
- Press Alt+H .
- Find Refresh Firefox a t the top and click on this button.
- In the confirmation window, click Refresh Firefox again.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt+T and click Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then click Reset.
- Mark the box next to Delete personal settings.
- Click Reset.
To ensure the removal of Critical Vulnerability Found Popup and the malware behind it, follow the advanced steps below:
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading SpyRemover Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register SpyRemover Pro to protect your computer from future threats.