Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Payae8moon9.com? And how does it work?
Payae8moon9.com is the shady domain used by ad-supported programs to redirect users to equally shady websites and display annoying and intrusive pop-ups. This is the reason why it is classified as an adware and a potentially unwanted program. Though it may seem harmless at first glance, it can become a problem if you let it stay in your system as this adware is used to spread third-party commercial content that is often misleading, aggressive, and potentially harmful.
Just like most adware programs, Payae8moon9.com could redirect you to malicious web pages that cater to tech support scams. When you get redirected to this kind of site, you will see an alarming message telling you that your computer is infected and that you must call a fake tech support number to fix the problem. You need not worry as this message is a hoax and is only trying to get you to call some fake tech support number to trick you into paying for an unnecessary service. So the next time you see such fake alert, remember that it might be caused by some adware like Payae8moon9.com.
This adware will most definitely diminish your browsing experience with the number of ads it delivers every time you browse the web. Aside from that, it might also cause some problem with your browser’s performance caused by the increased amount of ads that pops up in your browser. In addition, this adware might also change your browser’s settings so it can reinstall itself if you uninstall it. In other words, it can reset itself to revert the changes you’ve made. This is why removing Payae8moon9.com is not that easy.
How does Payae8moon9.com spread online?
This adware spreads using the most common distribution method for similar threats which is via freeware and shareware. Payae8moon9.com is added as a part of the extra components attached to this kind of software package. To avoid installing unwanted programs like Payae8moon9.com, you need to select the Custom or Advanced setup before you start installing any freeware or shareware. Once you select this recommended setup, you will have the option to remove any optional components added to the package so that they won’t also get installed along with the main program of the package.
Use the following removal instructions so you can successfully get rid of Payae8moon9.com from your computer.
Step 1: The first thing you have to do to get rid of Payae8moon9.com from your computer is to close all the affected browsers manually. If you find it hard to do so, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Once you’ve pulled up the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the affected browser’s process and end it.
Step 3: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now switch to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button.
- Then check the box for “Delete personal settings” and then click Reset again.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Payae8moon9.com or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Click on Advanced.
- After that, click the Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section.
- Tap Alt + H to access Help.
- Next, select “Troubleshooting information” and click “Refresh Firefox” at the top of the page.
- Now click “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the reset.
Step 4: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 5: Look for Payae8moon9.com among the list of installed programs and any other suspicious program could be affiliated to it and then Uninstall it.
Step 6: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 7: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files related to Payae8moon9.com and delete it/them.
Step 8: Close the File Explorer.
Step 9: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Getting rid of Payae8moon9.com won’t be enough so you have to follow the advanced removal guide on how to use Advanced System Repair prepared below.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.