Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Click.adfries.net?
Click.adfries.net is a malicious website that shows an “Add Extension to Leave” pop-up to force the users to install an unwanted Google Chrome extension. These malicious Google Chrome extension may hijack your default search engine or show pop-up ads and unwanted advertisements on web pages that you visit and this may cause annoyances and disturbances.
Usually, your browser will be redirected to Click.adfries.net site from a crack, keygen, or any of the adult entertainment sites.
Spot some of the typical behaviors for malicious extensions installed by Click.adfries.net:
- Annoying advertising banners are injected with the web pages that you are visiting.
- Random web page text is turned into hyperlinks and redirects.
- Browser popups appear that usually recommend fake updates or other software.
- Your browser homepage and default search may be changed or modified.
- Your browser search queries are being redirected or tracked
How to remove Click.adfries.net?
MalwareBytes – Remove any malware and protect your computer
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. It’s that simple. Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC. Either way, you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers.
*According to OPSWAT, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 3.0 is the most popular security product installed by users.
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free (direct download)
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
- Perform a Threat Scan using the Scan Now button
If you find malware in your free scan consider upgrading to our PRO Version. The PRO version stops malware dead in its tracks, never allowing it to access your PC.
- Real-time active malware prevention engine blocks known threats
- Heuristic protection prevents new zero-day malware infections
- Malicious website protection blocks access to known and zero-day malicious web content
- Automatic priority updates and scheduled scanning
- Blazing fast flash scans
How to use AdwCleaner
- Close all open windows from your browsers before starting AdwCleaner.
- Double-click AdwCleaner.exe to start the tool.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 users must click right mouse button on AdwCleaner.exe and choose Run as Administrator. AdwCleaner needs elevating permissions to remove malware files from your computer.
- Then click on the Scan button, this scan will only perform a scan and nothing is removed from your computer.
- Then wait until the scan is complete.
- When the scan is finished you will see the files that are detected by AdwCleaner. Uncheck items you do not want to remove.
- Click the Logfile button to see a list of all the items that were detected for better analyze.
- If you are ready to remove the found and checked items, click the Clean button.
- AdwCleaner will reboot your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
A logfile will open once your computer is restarted, this log file can be found on your system drive and AdwCleaner folder.
You may need it for further analyze, if not: just delete AdwCleaner.
It is very much important to take preventive measures to secure your computer by avoiding all sort of unknown ads and links or websites as much as possible. It is also of great help if you invest into good quality and legit anti-malware software to prevent future threats.