Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is FilmsJunkie Search?
FilmsJunkie Search is another suspicious Google Chrome extension which is currently classified as potentially unwanted program (PUP) or simply an Adware. Unlike other adware, this threat can secure an access on target computer without asking for user’s approval. Because of this intrusion, some people deemed it as virus or malware.
Like to most dubious extension, FilmsJunkie Search basically focuses on attacking internet browser application. It affects mostly the home page and your selected default search tool. This adware is far behind and is less dangerous than other computer viruses. FilmsJunkie Search don’t infects system files or damage vital data from the infected computer.
The FilmsJunkie Search usually spreads over the internet through third-party software. It also comes with unpopular program that uses deceitful way of attracting computer users. On the other hand, it’s official web site also promotes FilmsJunkie Search as a helpful extension that can easily search the web for movies, video clips, images, movie actors, and more and basically claims to give user better results and get the most reliable information when searching the web.
Once this program is successfully installed, it quickly adds extension on the browser. FilmsJunkie Search now have extra function to manipulate the home page and search results. Moreover, it can anticipate search results and simply integrate paid links onto its contents. Added links appears very similar to normal results links, however, it is not guaranteed that it’s safe and malware-free links. Inadvertently clicking these paid links will generate revenue for adware makers, which is running pay-per-click advertising scheme.
Learning that main objective of adware such as FilmsJunkie Search is to gain online profit, there is no more reason to let it sit on the computer for long and wait for this adware to commit further harm to your computer. Carry out the procedures provided below to ensure that you will completely eliminate the FilmsJunkie Search adware.
How to remove FilmsJunkie Research?
Uninstall FilmsJunkie Search from Windows Control Panel
1. Depending on your Operating System, follow the guide below to access Windows Control Panel.
Opening Control Panel – Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
Click on Windows Start > Control Panel. New window will open where in you can adjust computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel – Windows 8 and Windows 10
a) For Windows 8 and Windows 10 users, the simplest way to open Control Panel is via shortcut key. This method is accessible in older versions of Windows.
b) Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard to intiate Run dialog box.
c) Type Control Panel in the Open field and click OK.
2. Once you are in Control Panel window, go to Programs section. Click on ‘Uninstall a program’ link.
3. Program and Features window will open. You can uninstall or change any installed program using this feature.
4. Look for FilmsJunkie Search or any similar name from the list. You may also try to find and remove items with the following names: TheAppJunkies
If name of adware or relevant entry is not present, please try to uninstall recently installed suspicious program. To do this, arrange listed programs in chronological order. Click on ‘Installed On’ to see programs recently installed.
5. Select the Adware from the list and click on Uninstall button. See image below for reference. Removing any suspicious software may also help solve the issue.
6. On the next prompt, confirmation is required to continue.
7. Click OK to proceed with the removal of FilmsJunkie Search or any relevant software.
Uninstalling FilmsJunkie Search from Windows
This procedure is actually optional, and only if you haven’t successfully eliminated of FilmsJunkie Search even though you have followed the procedures. You may also do this method first, and then carry on with the 1st Step.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select FilmsJunkie Search from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select FilmsJunkie Search from the list and click Uninstall button.
For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for FilmsJunkie Search from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
For Windows XP Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the ‘Currently Installed Programs’ window, select FilmsJunkie Search and then click Change/Remove.
Note: When FilmsJunkie Search is invisible on the list of programs, we suspect that it is utilizing a unique title or name to disguise its presence. In this case, you arrange the list of installed programs in chronological order showing the latest ones on top, so if you find the most recent installed malicious software, simply Uninstall it.
How to remove FilmsJunkie Search automatically?
Adware alone isn’t that harmful, but it could be dangerous as well as it may redirect you to unknown sites that might be malicious and infectious and brings more viruses into your computer. It is not beneficial either to you so it is highly recommended you get rid of this FilmsJunkie Search adware. There are two ways to remove this adware. You can remove it manually if you have sufficient knowledge of the computer. For those with little knowledge, we strongly suggest to use anti-malware removal tool to completely remove this FilmsJunkie Search.
Use an anti-malware program
We recommend using SpyRemover Pro, a highly effective and widely used malware removal program to clean your computer of FilmsJunkie Search. In addition to FilmsJunkie Search, this program can detect and remove the latest variants of other malware.
SpyRemover Pro has an intuitive user interface that is easy to use. To get rid of FilmsJunkie Search, the first step is to install it, scan your computer, and remove the threat.
To remove FilmsJunkie Search from your computer using SpyRemover Pro, you need to perform the following steps:
Basic steps of SpyRemover Pro:
Step 1. Run SpyRemover Pro installer
Click on the .exe file that just downloaded in the lower right corner of your browser window.
Step 2. Click Yes
Click Yes to accept the User Account Control settings dialog.
Step 3. Foll0w setup instructions
Follow the instructions to get SpyRemover Pro set up on your computer and you will be good to go!