Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Roomba-search.com? And how does it work?
Roomba-search.com is a new search provider which is obviously created for Israeli users. As you can see, its Graphic User Interface (GUI) is quite similar to Google’s. A typical user may think that this might be Google’s Israeli version, however, it’s not, the Hebrew version of Google is accessible through google.co.il and not roomba-search.com. After our expert team’s analysis, they’ve found that this search engine is a bogus one and is not in, in any way, associated with Google despite its appearance. This bogus search engine is actually under the category of browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs (PUP). So if this is added on your browser, it will automatically alter your browser’s default home page and search provider and that reason alone should be enough to remove this bogus search engine.
In addition, this PUP can also track and collect your personal information based on your browsing activities. The information collected will be used for marketing purposes to generate profit such as displaying sponsored contents that matches your interests according to your search queries, frequently visited sites, etc. This certainly raises red flags and shouldn’t be taken for granted. So it is very much clear that instead of improving your browsing experience. Roomba-search.com can put your security at risk and that removing it is the best thing you can do.
How is Roomba-search.com distributed?
You can obtain Roomba-search.com from software bundles on free sharing sites. Usually, unwanted programs like this are added together with a legitimate program into a bundle. When you install programs from these bundles, you will end up installing all the programs in the bundle if you are not careful enough and opt for the quick installation process instead of the Custom or Advanced.
The removal guide below will help you get rid of Roomba-search.com:
Step 1: Remove Roomba-search.com from your browsers by resetting them.
- Launch Google Chrome and open its menu by pressing Alt + F.
- Click Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings located at the bottom part of the page.
- Click the Reset settings.
- And then click the Reset button.
- Start Mozilla Firefox.
- Press Alt + H .
- Find Refresh Firefox a t the top and click on this button.
- In the confirmation window, click Refresh Firefox again.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and click Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then click Reset.
- Mark the box next to Delete personal settings.
- Click Reset.
Step 2: Open Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time.
Step 3: Go to the Processes tab and look for any suspicious processes.
Step 4: Right-click on the files, click Open File Location and then scan them using a reputable antivirus program such as SpyRemover Pro. After opening their folders, end their processes and delete their folders. If the virus scanner fails to detect something that you know is suspicious, don’t hesitate to delete it.
Step 5: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 6: Look for any suspicious program responsible for Roomba-search.com and then Uninstall it.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Go to the directories listed below and delete everything suspicious in it. Or other directories you might have saved the file related to Roomba-search.com.
Step 9: Look for any suspicious executable file that may be responsible for Roomba-search.com.
Step 10: Right-click on it and click Delete.
Step 11: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Follow the continued advanced steps below to ensure the removal of Roomba-search.com:
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading SpyRemover Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register SpyRemover Pro to protect your computer from future threats.