Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Search.hemailloginnow.com? And how does it work?
Search.hemailloginnow.com is a search tool which happens to be created by Polarity Technologies Ltd which is known to spawn browser hijackers. So obviously, Search.hemailloginnow.com is no different from those browser hijackers since it also belongs to that group. Like most of the search tools developed by Polarity Technologies Ltd., this new hijacker offers links to well-known email services sites such as Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook and Hotmail, hence its name, Search.hemailloginnow.com.
As per the information delivered on the home page, this search tool contains an integrated Email Login Now by Safer Browser which is also a browser hijacker. And even though this search tool promotes official websites and does not ask you to install another browser extension, it is still considered as a browser hijacker since some of the promoted services do not work properly. Not to mention that there really is nothing exceptional or unique about this extension. Needless to say, it is useless so removing it would be the best thing that you can do.
It does not even hide the fact that it gathers your browsing-related information. Since according to their EULA:
“By Using the Services, You Are Consenting to Grant Polarity Permission to Collect Your URLs and Search Data, Including Search Queries That May Contain Personally Identifiable Information, Share Them With Third Parties, and Use Search-related Cookies.”
As you can see, this hijacker is a potential threat to your security even if it may not seem aggressive. The information gathered about you could be used and shared to third parties to deliver you sponsored contents in the form of ads, pop-ups and banners. So once this search tool is added, whenever you browse the web, you will be constantly bothered by annoying ads.
How is Search.hemailloginnow.com distributed?
Before we proceed to the removal part, you must know that Search.hemailloginnow.com spreads through its affiliated hijacker, Safe Browser wherein Search.hemailloginnow.com is promoted. Aside from that, this hijacker is also promoted as an additional program on a software bundle distributed on free sharing sites.
And now here comes the removal part. Carefully follow the set of instructions below to remove Search.hemailloginnow.com from your computer.
Step 1: Remove Search.hemailloginnow.com from your browsers by resetting them.
- Launch Google Chrome and open its menu by pressing Alt + F.
- Click Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings located at the bottom part of the page.
- Click the Reset settings.
- And then click the Reset button.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Press Alt + H.
- Look for Refresh Firefox a t the top and click on this button.
- In the confirmation window, click Refresh Firefox again.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Press Alt + T and click Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then click Reset.
- Mark the box next to Delete personal settings.
- Click Reset.
Step 2: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter
Step 3: Look for any suspicious program related or responsible for the Search.hemailloginnow.com and then Uninstall it.
Step 4: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 5: Go to the directories listed below and delete everything suspicious in it. Or other directories you might have saved the file related to the Search.hemailloginnow.com.
Step 6: Look for the installer or software bundle you have downloaded or any suspicious executable file that may be responsible for the Search.hemailloginnow.com.
Step 7: Right-click on it and click Delete.
Step 8: Empty your Recycle Bin.
Follow the continued advanced steps below to ensure the removal of Search.hemailloginnow.com:
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
4. Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
5. Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
6.If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
7. Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
9. Click OK to launch SpyRemover Pro.
10. Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
11. After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
12. Register SpyRemover Pro to protect your computer from future threats.