Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
Search.superspeedtester.com is a browser hijacker disguised as an application that is supposed to allow users to test and improve their internet performance and acts like a regular search tool. On a first glance, Search.superspeedtester.com may seem like a legitimate and useful application. But don’t let its appearance deceive you, for this application is a potentially unwanted program that could harm your computer. There are three reasons why you should remove this program immediately:
- Its stealth installation without your consent.
- It modifies your browsers’ settings.
- It monitors your internet browsing activity.
Once it infiltrates your system and your browsers, it stealthily assigns the new tab URL, default search engine and home page options to search.superperformancetester.com. Although these changes may seem unimportant, you will not be able to revert them. According to researchers, the Search.superspeedtester.com reassigns the aforementioned options whenever you try to change them making it impossible for you to return your browser to its previous state.
As mentioned earlier, Search.superspeedtester.com is disguised as both internet speed tester and search tool. Our researchers tried using its speed test. Although it seemed to work, they don’t guarantee that its results are accurate. And the same thing with its search tools, whenever you put in keywords or queries in the search box and search, you will be redirected to search.yahoo.com (Yahoo search), and the results are not trustworthy at all. There is also a possibility that the browser hijacker could inject sponsored contents and advertisements from third parties to generate pay-per click revenue. These third party contents could contain corrupted links, malware installers and other potential threat that could jeopardize your safety so it is necessary to have this browser hijacker removed as soon as possible.
The Polarity Technologies LTD is the force behind this browser hijacker as well as the Super Speed Tester extension. It is believed that this was created for the purpose of distributing this browser hijacker. That’s why according to our researchers, you will encounter both the hijacker and the add-on. The Super Speed Tester has an official download page, superspeedtester.com/SpeedTest just like most of the other extensions created by Polarity Technologies LTD. Moreover, this browser hijacker can also be downloaded from the Chrome Store at chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/super-speed-tester/aholniemeiehkneipiodpjeedikolddk. It is almost impossible for users to find these installers on their own. So it is most likely that third party installers are involved. Just like most browser hijackers, the Search.superspeedtester.com can be obtained through software bundles found at free sharing websites.
Folow the detailed instruction we provided below to remove Search.superspeedtester.com.
Getting rid of Search.superspeedtester.com from your browsers:
- Open Chrome and press Alt + F keys.
Go to More tools and click Extensions to look for Search.superspeedtester.com
- Click the Recycle bin and select Remove.
- Restart Chrome and press Alt + F keys again.
- Proceed to On Startup and mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- To check if the browser hijacker is still active, click Ste pages, if it is active, overwrite the URL.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and press Ctrl + Shift + A.
- Go to Extensions and remove Search.superspeedtester.com.
- Restart Mozilla Firefox.
- Press Alt + T and select Options.
- If the browser hijacker is still there, go to the General menu and overwrite the unwanted URL.
- Open Internet Explorer and press Alt + T keys.
- Choose Internet Options and click the General tab.
- If your home page is still Search.superspeedtester.com, overwrite the URL and click OK.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
Removing any residues of the Search.superspeedtester.com hijacker:
- Go to the Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time. Proceed to the Processes tab and look for the Search.superspeedtester.com or other related suspicious processes.
Right-click on the processes, then click Open File Location and scan them using a powerful and trusted antivirus like SpyRemover Pro. After opening their folders, end their processes and delete their folders. If the virus scanner fails to detect something that you know is suspicious, don’t hesitate to delete it.
Open Control Panel by pressing Start key + R to launch Run and type appwiz.cpl in the search box and click OK.
Look for Search.superspeedtester.com or any suspicious program and then Uninstall.
Click the Windows button and type msconfig in the search box and hit Enter to Open System Configuration. Go to Startup and unmark items with unknown manufacturer.
- Scan your computer using a reliable antivirus and anti malware program like SpyRemover Pro