Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
Searchawesome Infection Description
Searchawesome is one of the potentially unwanted programs or PUPs that is promoted as a tool that provides better browsing experience and generates better search results. Specifically, it is also classified as an adware infection because of its tendencies to generate huge amount of ads that will annoy the users. Basically, it asks to gain access to your social media accounts and if you are careless enough to allow it, it will supposedly show you more relevant search results by including what your social media friends have shared with you.
Basically, this is what it wants you to think it does into your computer and most specifically to your browser. But in reality, what it does is to try to expose you to as many adverts as much possible because that is how it generates money. The truth is, it’s not exactly a serious infection because it does not directly harm your computer but it is capable of exposing you to malicious content, which could lead to a more serious contamination. We ighly recommend you completely eliminate the Searchawesome virus and make sure you install free programs more cautiously and attentively from now on.
How did it sneak into your computer?
The adware could have been installed by you with all your your consent willingly. Maybe you thought it was a very useful extension to have, also it could have been added to freeware as an extra offer which is more likely what happens. In most cases, you were installing freeware that had this adware added to it as an extra offer, and you did not notice. This usually happens when users opt to use the Default settings during installation; the added offers are not visible there. For that reason, you need to opt the Advanced or Custom settings because it will allow you to see what has been added into the list, and will also permit you to deselect everything that’s useless and unknown to you. Unchecking a few boxes would take seconds, and is definitely much less time than it would to remove Searchawesome virus or similar.
How does it work in your computer?
Once the extension is installed into your computer, it will make modifications to your browser settings and ask to access your social media as well. So some random extension automatically installs without your consent and then asks to get access to your private data, that already should raise a red flag in your head so take note of that. It definitely would insert stuff your friends have shared into your search results. To some it might seem useful but it does much more than that. It will basically insert advertisements and expose you to sponsored content constantly that could be so annoying. And the only way to stop it is to completely eliminate Searchawesome virus, which you probably want to do anyway. After, you should avoid from engaging with any of the advertisements popping out or sent to you because not all of them will be safe. Some could lead you to malicious and dangerous contents, and that could result in you obtaining infectious malware. This would be why it is wiser to remove Searchawesome virus.
Searchawesome virus removal
If you think you can’t to completely eliminate the Searchawesome virus manually, obtain reliable and powerful anti-spyware software. The program would locate and make sure to get rid of the Searchawesome virus for you. Whichever way you choose, just ensure Searchawesome virus removal is carried out fully, and no leftovers are left behind.
Use an anti-malware program
We recommend using SpyRemover Pro, a highly effective and widely used malware removal program to clean your computer of Searchawesome virus. In addition to Searchawesome virus, this program can detect and remove the latest variants of other malware.
SpyRemover Pro has an intuitive user interface that is easy to use. To get rid of Searchawesome virus, the first step is to install it, scan your computer, and remove the threat.
You can perform a full system scan through the recommended anti-malware tool SpyRemover Pro.
- Turn your PC on. Once it’s on, you need to reboot
- Then, the BIOS screen will show up, however, if Windows pops up instead, you will need to reboot your computer and try one more time. Once the BIOS screen is on, repeatedly press F8, to open the Advanced Option and shows up.
3. Use the arrow keys to navigate the Advanced Option and then choose the Safe Mode with Networking then click it.
4. The Safe Mode with Networking will then be loaded.
5. Kindly press and hold both R key and Windows key together.
6. The Windows Run Box will appear if it is done correctly.
7.Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
*There should be a single space in between explorer and http. Hit OK.
8. There, appear a dialog box by Internet Explorer. Click Run to start downloading SpyRemover Pro. It will automatically start the installation once it’s done downloading.
9. Simply launch the SpyRemover Pro by clicking OK.
10. Hit Run button to run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan thereafter.
- Once all the infection has been detected and identified, click REMOVE ALL.
12. Invest into the SpyRemover Pro program to further protect your computer from future threats.
Why is automatic removal more recommendable?
- You know only one virus name: “Searchawesome virus”, but the truth is you have infected by a bunch of viruses.
The SpyRemover Pro program detects this threat and all others.
- SpyRemover Pro is quite fast! You need only few minutes to check your PC.
- SpyRemover Pro uses the special features to remove hard in removal viruses. If you remove a virus manually, it can prevent deleting using a self-protecting module, it takes hours and may damage your PC. If you even delete the virus, it may recreate himself by a stealthy module which you don’t want.
- SpyRemover Pro is compatible with any antivirus.
- SpyRemover Pro is convenient to use.
Preventive Security Measures
- Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
- Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
- Secure your web browser.
- Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
- Disable macros in Office documents.
- Use strong passwords.
- Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
- Backup regularly your data.