Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
Search.gsearch.io is a browser-hijacking program that alters you browser’s settings. It aims in tricking its users into using a search tool that delivers tons of intrusive ads. Search.gsearch.io is developed by Airfind Corp. which is also developed several other browser hijackers like Searchibrowser.io, Search.browser.net or Mobisearch.co.
Whenever you use its search tool, you’ll notice that the search results it generates are cluttered with pop-ups, banners and links to external shady sites that could potentially harm your computer with spyware or malware or even more critical infections. Some of the sponsored contents may even reroute you to phishing websites that may try to trick you into providing personal information by answering some survey scam. If you want to keep your computer safe, removing Search.gsearch.io is strongly recommended.
How is Search.gsearch.io disseminated?
Search.gsearch.io, like other browser hijackers, travel in a bundle along with other free software. When you install a software bundle, the installation wizard presents you a window that is presented as “recommended programs” which you can add alongside your preferred software. Keep in mind that even though they might appear useful, looks are deceiving as they are actually unwanted programs and browser hijackers like Search.gsearch.io. So you have to refrain yourself from adding them and deselect them instead using the Custom or Advanced setup. That way, you can ensure that the other programs in the bundle won’t get installed with your preferred software.
Step 1: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Search.gsearch.io or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step 2: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 3: Look for any suspicious program that is affiliated with Search.gsearch.io and then Uninstall it.
Step 4: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 5: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Search.gsearch.io and delete it/them.
Step 6: Close the File Explorer.
Step 7: Empty your Recycle Bin.
To make sure that nothing is amiss and that Search.gsearch.io is completely removed from your computer, follow the advanced steps below.
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading the program. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch it.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register the program to protect your computer from future threats.