Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
Technical Information about the GG Ransomware
GG Ransomware is another kind of noxious file-encrypting virus that basically aims to encipher the files stored on the system that it infects. Once it successfully penetrated or infiltrated the infected system’s files, it then append at the end of the file name with a weird file extensions identified as “.GG”. After, it drops a ransom note onto computer’s desktop and clearly demands the a certain amount as a ransom money. It also contains instructions on how the victimized computer users to pay the demanded ransom fee within a given period of time in order to get the decryption key and decodes their valuable files.
Just in case if you happen to be the victim of this ransomware threat, the malware researchers strongly suggested to do not pay the hefty sum of ransom money they have asked you, instead get rid of such GG Ransomware from the computer as early as possible by following the instructions provided below in this article.
How does the GG Ransomware work?
The cyber security experts revealed that the said malware like any other malware uses one or more encryption algorithm in order to alter the data structure which it encrypts by adding a malicious file extension. Usually, the encryption algorithm used by the developers of GG Ransomware replaces the bytes of the infected files and also simply replaced them with symbols by using the cipher method. On the other point, the stronger cipher algorithm used by the hackers, the more difficult it is to decode the files in same time. For the data encryption procedure, the malware targets the mostly the commonly used file types, such as text files, spreadsheets, presentations, music, audio, documents, images, databases and other types of computer files and which are also mostly the important ones.
Once it has completely executed the encryption procedure, the affected files will no longer be able to accessible and readable, and opened by carrying a file extension reported as “.GG” after the file name. Because of this, for instance, the file name “Attendance_sheet.xls” will be changed to “Attendance_sheet.xls.GG”. Although, the file extension “.GG” may be related to the abbreviation gaming and basically suggests the computer users that data recovery isn’t possible without paying ransom money. What’s most importantly, whatever the case may be, the malware researchers advise to never pay the ransom money they demanded by the con artists behind GG Ransomware because there is no guarantee you will be getting the decryption codes for the infected files.
How to Remove GG Ransomware from computer?
Step 1: Know How to Reboot Windows PC in Safe Mode (This guide is meant for novice users)
Step 2: GG Ransomware removal Using System Restore
Still, if you are facing problem in rebooting PC in Safe mode, opt for System Restore. Follow the steps given below.
Press F8 continuously until you get Windows Advanced Options Menu on Computer Monitor. Now Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt Option and Tap enter
In the Command Prompt Windows, you need to type this command : cd restore and Select Enter
Now type rstrui.exe as command and press on Enter
This will open a new window to Restore System Files and Settings. Click on Next to proceed.
Kindly select the Restore Point from the date you want to restore back your system as it was earlier to GG Ransomware attack.
You can also remove the GG Ransomware through this step:
- Launch Task Manager (tap Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys).
- Click the Processes tab.
- Find an active process you are not familiar with. If you are sure it is linked to malware, right-click it and select Open file Location to determine the location of the malicious executable.
- Kill the malicious process.
- Right-click and Delete the launcher (executable) of the malicious ransomware. It could be located in:
Use an anti-malware program
We recommend using SpyRemover Pro, a highly effective and widely used malware removal program to clean your computer of GG Ransomware. In addition to GG Ransomware, this program can detect and remove the latest variants of other malware.
SpyRemover Pro has an intuitive user interface that is easy to use. To get rid of GG Ransomware, the first step is to install it, scan your computer, and remove the threat.
To remove GG Ransomware from your computer using SpyRemover Pro, you need to perform the following steps:
Basic steps of SpyRemover Pro:
Step 1. Run SpyRemover Pro installer
Click on the .exe file that just downloaded in the lower right corner of your browser window.
Step 2. Click Yes
Click Yes to accept the User Account Control settings dialog.
Step 3. Foll0w setup instructions
Follow the instructions to get SpyRemover Pro set up on your computer and you will be good to go!
Why is automatic removal more recommendable?
- You know only one virus name: “GG Ransomware”, but the truth is you have infected by a bunch of viruses.
The SpyRemover Pro program detects this threat and all others.
- SpyRemover Pro is quite fast! You need only few minutes to check your PC.
- SpyRemover Pro uses the special features to remove hard in removal viruses. If you remove a virus manually, it can prevent deleting using a self-protecting module, it takes hours and may damage your PC. If you even delete the virus, it may recreate himself by a stealthy module which you don’t want.
- SpyRemover Pro is compatible with any antivirus.
- SpyRemover Pro is convenient to use.
Preventive Security Measures
- Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
- Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
- Secure your web browser.
- Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
- Disable macros in Office documents.
- Use strong passwords.
- Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
- Backup regularly your data.