Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Scarab-Bomber ransomware? And how does it execute its attack?
It seems that developers of Scarab ransomware are feeling quite productive as a new Scarab variant was once again spotted recently. This new variant is known as Scarab-Bomber or Bomber ransomware. Just like the other variants, nothing much has changed with this new one save for the extension used to mark the encrypted files and its ransom note but the execution of its attack remains the same.
Once it manages to infiltrate a computer, it will establish a connection to its remote server and download malicious files that help it in executing its attack. These files may be placed on system folders with the purpose of repressing any programs that might get in the way. These files are also used to modify some registry keys and sub-keys that will allow the crypto-virus to automatically run on every system startup. After that, it begins to scan the entire drive of the computer in search for files with specific formats. Once it finds these files, it will encrypt them using the AES cryptography. Following data encryption, Scarab-Bomber ransomware will generate a file named “КАК ВОССТАНОВИТЬ ЗАШИФРОВАННЫЕ ФАЙЛЫ.TXT” containing its ransom note. Here’s the ransom note translated into English from Russian:
“YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED!
Your personal identifier
6A02000000000000 *** 242FB01
Your documents, photos, databases and other important data were encrypted.
Data recovery requires a decryptor.
To receive the decryptor, you should send an e-mail to email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org,
In the letter, indicate your personal identifier (see the beginning of this document).
If I can not connect through the mail, I can not
* Register on the site http://bitmsg.me (online delivery service Bitmessage)
* Write a letter to the address BM-2cWp6BhKATEHEyfi1CGG4k3RuquXjaGJXB indicating your mail and
Next, you pay the cost of the decryptor. In the reply letter, you will receive the address
Bitcoin-purse, to which you need to perform the transfer of funds and the amount of payment.
If you do not have bitcoins
* Create a Bitcoin purse: https://blockchain.info/en/wallet/new
* Acquire Bitcoin Crypto-Currency:
https://localbitcoins.com/buy_bitcoins (Visa / MasterCard, QIWI Visa Wallet, etc.)
* Send the required amount of BTC to the address specified in the letter
When the money transfer is confirmed, you will receive a file decryption for your computer.
After starting the decryption program, all your files will be restored.
Guarantee of decryption of files.
Before payment, you can send us up to 3 files for free decryption.
They should not contain important information, the total size of the files should not be more than 10 mb.
* Do not attempt to uninstall the program or run antivirus software
* Attempts to self-decrypt files will result in the loss of your data
* Decoders of other users are incompatible with your data, as each user has a unique encryption key”
How does Scarab-Bomber ransomware proliferate?
As pointed out, there’s only a slight difference to this new variant compared to the older ones as it also uses the very same method to proliferate which is via spam emails. Developers of Scarab ransomware attaches an obfuscated file in spam emails used to launch the crypto-virus in the system. Thus, it is highly advised to take extra caution in dealing with suspicious emails.
Terminate this new pesky Scarab variant with the help of the following removal instructions and make sure to carefully follow each one of them to successfully remove this crypto-malware from your computer.
Step 1: Tap the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys to open a menu and then expand the Shutdown options which is right next to the power button.
Step 2: After that, tap and hold the Shift key and then click on Restart.
Step 3: And in the Troubleshoot menu that opens, click on the Advanced options and then go to the Startup settings.
Step 4: Click on Restart and tap F4 to select Safe Mode or tap F5 to select Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 5: After your PC has successfully rebooted, tap Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
Step 6: Go to the Processes tab and look for any suspicious-looking processes that could be related to Scarab-Bomber ransomware and then end their processes.
Step 7: Exit the Task Manager and open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 8: Look for Scarab-Bomber Ransomware and other dubious program and then uninstall them.
Step 9: Close Control Panel and tap Win + E keys to open File Explorer.
Step 10: Navigate to the following locations and look for the malicious components created by Scarab-Bomber ransomware like “КАК ВОССТАНОВИТЬ ЗАШИФРОВАННЫЕ ФАЙЛЫ.TXT” and make sure to delete them all.
- %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Step 11: Close the File Explorer.
Before you proceed to the next steps below, make sure that you are tech savvy enough to the point where you know exactly how to use and navigate your computer’s Registry. Keep in mind that any changes you make will highly impact your computer. To save you the trouble and time, you can just use Restoro this system tool is proven to be safe and excellent enough that hackers won’t be able to hack into it. But if you can manage Windows Registry well, then, by all means, go on to the next steps.
Step 12: Tap Win + R to open Run and then type in regedit in the field and tap enter to pull up Windows Registry.
Step 13: Navigate to the listed paths below and look for the registry keys and sub-keys created by Scarab-Bomber ransomware.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\
- HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop\
Step 14: Delete the registry keys and sub-keys created by Scarab-Bomber ransomware.
Step 15: Close the Registry Editor and empty the contents of the Recycle Bin.
To ensure the removal of Scarab-Bomber ransomware from your system including the malicious components it has created on your system, follow the advanced steps below.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now”button.