Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Trojan.Vtflooder.HG? And how does it function?
Trojan.Vtflooder.HG is a malicious program used by Black Hat hackers to gain remote access to systems to install third party threats. Trojan.Vtflooder.HG is the named used by AV scanners to refer to a threat that can invade computer systems through software exploits, spam emails and freeware or shareware bundles. Specifically this virus is a Trojan-dropper and is used to inject other Trojan, worm and other infections into the affected system. It is considered to be a mid-tier threat that can be implemented through Trojan attacks as well as comparatively complex attacks on businesses and server networks.
Security experts determined that this threat is observed to write files to a hidden folder located on the C:/ drive, communicate with remote servers and download malicious files from various infection sources. Experts were able to find that the Trojan.Vtflooder.HG connects to URLs like A6281279.yolox.net and S.ayola.net. Aside from that there were also records showing that this Trojan is used for attacks directed at the Virustotal.com’s infrastructure. Black Hat hackers have been using this malware in making a lot of requests to Virustotal.com and execute a rudimentary DDoS attack. As stated earlier, this malware can also be used to facilitate the spreading of other computer threats.
Once this malware invades your system, you will most definitely experience weird things happening to your PC such as random pop-ups of different malicious program windows, slower PC performance as well as internet connection and your hard disk going haywire and so on – which is why it is very important to stir clear of any suspicious download sites offering crack software and other rogue applications.
How is Trojan.Vtflooder.HG disseminated online?
Trojan.Vtflooder.HG is disseminated in so many ways. You can get infected with this malware when you click on any suspicious third party content on suspicious websites. Moreover, it can also spread using freeware or shareware bundles you can normally find on free sharing sites – it may be added as an optional or extra component in a package that you ended up installing when you install the software bundle. To avoid such occurrences, make sure that you always install any freeware or shareware using the recommended Custom or Advanced setup – this way, you can get rid of any extra programs added in the package.
To terminate Trojan.Vtflooder.HG from your computer, follow the set of instructions below.
Step 1: End the Trojan’s process by going to the Task Manager – tap Ctrl + Shift + Esc to do so.
Step 2: Under the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for Trojan.Vtflooder.HG’s process and right click on it and select End Process or End Task.
Step 3: Close the Task Manager and open Control Panel by tapping the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: Locate Trojan.Vtflooder.HG Trojan among the list of Installed programs and then uninstall it.
Step 5: Close Control Panel and tap Win + E keys to open File Explorer.
Step 6: Navigate to the following locations below and look for Trojan.Vtflooder.HG Trojan’s malicious components and other suspicious files and then delete all of them.
Step 7: Close the File Explorer.
Before you proceed to the next steps below, make sure that you are tech savvy enough to the point where you know exactly how to use and navigate your computer’s Registry. Keep in mind that any changes you make will highly impact your computer. To save you the trouble and time, you can just use PC Cleaner Pro, this system tool is proven to be safe and excellent enough that hackers won’t be able to hack into it. But if you can manage Windows Registry well, then by all means go on to the next steps.
Step 8: Tap Win + R to open Run and then type in regedit in the field and tap enter to pull up Windows Registry.
Step 9: Navigate to the following path:
Step 10: Delete the registry keys and sub-keys created by Trojan.Vtflooder.HG Trojan.
Step 11: Close the Registry Editor.
Step 12: Empty your Recycle Bin.
Step 13: Reset all your browsers to default.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
The steps given above aren’t enough to ensure the removal of Trojan.Vtflooder.HG Trojan so you’ll have to go over the advanced steps below.
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOSscreen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Optionuse the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Boxwill show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading the program. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch it.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register the program to protect your computer from future threats.