Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Search.lavradoor.com? And how does it function?
Search.lavradoor.com is a browser extension that functions as a search engine. This questionable search tool claims to help users install applications without any hassle. However, despite how useful this program may be if you decide to install it on your browser, it will quickly make modifications to your browser’s settings. The modification mostly affects the default homepage, search provider, and new tab page. This is why it is categorized as a browser hijacker and a PUP.
This browser hijacker affects several browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and many more. Upon installation, you will immediately notice the changes as you browse the internet, and not in a good way – you will be bombarded with tons of ads like banners, in-text links, and banners. And if you think that it can give you accurate search results, you’re mistaken as its search results are modified to make room for the sponsored content from its affiliated sites. In fact, when you try to search for something, you will mostly see sponsored content instead of related results. Thus, you can’t really trust this dubious search tool. And aside from ads, you could also experience redirects to unknown and highly suspicious websites. In addition, this browser hijacker could also track your online activities in order to obtain your non-personally identifiable information although it isn’t certain if it also collects personal ones. So aside from being annoying this browser hijacker also poses a threat to your privacy.
How does Search.lavradoor.com spread online?
Search.lavradoor.com spread online using free software packages called software bundles. This kind of distribution method is commonly used by browser hijackers as it is the easiest way to install PUPs in a user’s computer without their knowledge. To avoid unwanted installation of PUPs and browser hijackers, you need to select the Advanced or Custom setup every time you install any software bundles.
To get rid of Search.lavradoor.com from your computer, refer to the instructions laid out below.
Step 1: Tap the Win + R keys to open Run and then type in appwiz.cpl to open Control Panel to uninstall any suspicious program related to the adware.
Step 2: Look for Search.lavradoor.com under the list of installed programs. Once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 3: Close the Control Panel and tap the Win + E keys to open File Explorer. Navigate to the following directories and look for the hijacker’s installer like the software package it came with as well as other suspicious files and delete them.
Step 4: Close the File Explorer.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Search.lavradoor.com.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Launch the Google Chrome browser and click the wrench icon. Afterward, click on Tools from the drop-down menu and select Extensions.
Step 7: Under the Extensions tab, select Search.lavradoor.com extension and other suspicious browser extensions related to it and then click on the Trash icon.
Step 8: Click on the Remove button from the confirmation dialog box.
Step 9: Reset Google Chrome. To do that, click the three stripes icon located at the upper-right corner of your screen. And then select Settings.
Step 10: under Settings, look for Show advanced settings at the bottom of the page and click on it.
Step 11: Then click on the Reset browser settings button.
Step 12: After that, a dialog box pops up, click the Reset button to Reset Chrome.
Step 13: After you reset Chrome, enable the Phishing and Malware Protection in Chrome to prevent ad-supported programs like Search.lavradoor.com from infecting your computer again in the future. To do that, click Settings once again.
Step 14: Select the Show advanced settings again.
Step 15: Go to the Privacy section and check the Enable phishing and malware protection option.
Step 16: Restart Google Chrome.
Step 17: Don’t forget to empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
To completely get rid of Search.lavradoor.com and any files it may have created in your computer upon installation, you need to use Advanced System Repair – simply follow the steps below on how to use it.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now”button.