Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Search.searchtppp2.com? And how does it work?
Search.searchtppp2.com is a browser extension developed by Polarity Technologies Ltd. It was known previously as SaferBrowser and is supposed to help users track their packages online. Based on its interface and functionality, it has a resemblance to another browser hijacker called Search.searchtmp.com. For this reason, it does not come as a surprise that security experts also classified Search.searchtppp2.com as a browser hijacker and PUP.
This browser extension may look ideal for especially if you tend to order some stuff online as it lets you track down your packages. However, nothing about Search.searchtppp2.com is ideal as it will quickly alter the settings of your browser the moment you install it. What’s worrisome about this program is that these alterations are done without the permission of users. Obviously, these changes are made in order to manipulate users’ browsing so that creators of Search.searchtppp2.com can increase their profit obtained via pay-per-click marketing.
They increase profit by delivering users with various advertisements. They even go as far as tracking down browsing activities of users so they can obtain browsing data which will be used to produce more sponsored content. Here are some of the collected data:
- Email address
- IP address
- Device-specific data (hardware model and operating system)
- Data about crashes, system activity, hardware settings and browser language
- Search queries and all related search data
- Date and time of query request and referral URL
- Your Browser Type
- Source of traffic acquisition
- Your geographic location
- The domain name of your Internet Search Provider (ISP)
Thus, nothing is really useful about this browser extension and besides, there are other legitimate websites you can go to, to track your packages online without having to use this unwanted program.
How does Search.searchtppp2.com travel the web?
Like other browser hijackers created by Polarity Technologies, Search.searchtppp2.com travels the web as a part of some software bundles found on free sharing sites. This is why security experts recommend using the Advanced or Custom setup instead of the quick one. This recommended setup shows you what add-ons are added in the package and allows you to remove them before you go on with the installation.
Use the following removal guide to erase Search.searchtppp2.com from your computer.
Step 1: The first thing you have to do to get rid of Search.searchtppp2.com from your computer is to close all the affected browsers manually. If you find it hard to do so, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Once you’ve pulled up the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the affected browser’s process and end it.
Step 3: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now switch to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button.
- Then check the box for “Delete personal settings” and then click Reset again.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Search.searchtppp2.com or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Click on Advanced.
- After that, click the Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section.
- Tap Alt + H to access Help.
- Next, select “Troubleshooting information” and click “Refresh Firefox” at the top of the page.
- Now click “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the reset.
Step 4: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 5: Look for Search.searchtppp2.com among the list of installed programs and any other suspicious program could be affiliated to it and then Uninstall it.
Step 6: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 7: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files related to Search.searchtppp2.com and delete it/them.
Step 8: Close the File Explorer.
Step 9: After that, edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts’ file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Search.searchtppp2.com.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 10: Finally, empty the Recycle Bin.
Getting rid of Search.searchtppp2.com browser hijacker won’t be enough so you have to follow the advanced removal guide prepared below.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.