Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
Basic information about the wikibuy extension
wikibuy is a legitimate shopping extension that promises to help you go through the web to find the best deals when shopping. It’s actually a a Google Chrome extension which you can get from the official site or from the Chrome store. This is a absolutely legitimate extension to use and it does not put your computer in great danger or harm the system. However, it has the ability to read and modify all your data on the websites that you visit, which basically means it could gather and track all kinds of data about you including your search queries and the like. While that is not exactly unusual, it could also gather and record your personal data as well. Therefore, you need to look into how that data is being used and why it’s even necessary. Since it’s not a dangerous extension, we cannot tell you exactly to get rid of the wikibuy, but you should look into it further for your computer’s well being and safety.
Should you eliminate the wikibuy?
Normally, the extensions that focus on helping users shop enter the computers without consent. They are also classified as adware. Such add-on is not really considered to be adware and often the users install it willingly. Users can mainly obtain it from the Chrome shop, official site, or some other trustworthy source. Just in case, you should fully aware of how adware be installed without you even noticing it. Take note that those programs are usually added to freeware or shareware as extra offers and they need to be unchecked. Just opt for the Advanced or Custom settings and uncheck the items that appear there that you don’t want in the first place. If you just uncheck the boxes, you will prevent countless infections from entering your computer and prevent it from infections and further threats.
The extension is primarily promoted as a helper tool that will display great deals when shopping. Upon browsing on some shopping websites, and if you find something you like, the extension will display the similar or the same the same item but with a lower price. Many users find this tool extremely helpful for those wanting to save money. It only seems to work on Google Chrome but it may become available for other browsers in the future eventually. The extension itself is not malicious, so you can completely trust its provided deals. What’s somewhat worrying thing about this helper tool is that it gathers information about you, and your browsing habits as well and possibly your personal information. When you know an extension or a program is doing that, needless to say that you need to find out why the information is gathered, how it is stored and whether it is shared with third parties. Some might find it helpful, it’s safe to continue using it. However, if you are not using it at all, it may be a smart move if you just remove the wikibuy.
How to remove the wikibuy?
You can easily eliminate the wikibuy manually, just like you would any other program. There will be instructions provided below to help you with wikibuy removal.
Use an anti-malware program
We recommend using SpyRemover Pro, a highly effective and widely used malware removal program to clean your computer of wikibuy. In addition to wikibuy, this program can detect and remove the latest variants of other malware.
SpyRemover Pro has an intuitive user interface that is easy to use. To get rid of wikibuy, the first step is to install it, scan your computer, and remove the threat.
You can perform a full system scan through the recommended anti-malware tool SpyRemover Pro.
- Turn your PC on. Once it’s on, you need to reboot
- Then, the BIOS screen will show up, however, if Windows pops up instead, you will need to reboot your computer and try one more time. Once the BIOS screen is on, repeatedly press F8, to open the Advanced Option and shows up.
3. Use the arrow keys to navigate the Advanced Option and then choose the Safe Mode with Networking then click it.
4. The Safe Mode with Networking will then be loaded.
5. Kindly press and hold both R key and Windows key together.
6. The Windows Run Box will appear if it is done correctly.
7.Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
*There should be a single space in between explorer and http. Hit OK.
8. There, appear a dialog box by Internet Explorer. Click Run to start downloading SpyRemover Pro. It will automatically start the installation once it’s done downloading.
9. Simply launch the SpyRemover Pro by clicking OK.
10. Hit Run button to run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan thereafter.
- Once all the infection has been detected and identified, click REMOVE ALL.
12. Invest into the SpyRemover Pro program to further protect your computer from future threats.
Why is automatic removal more recommendable?
- You know only one virus name: “wikibuy“, but the truth is you have infected by a bunch of viruses.
The SpyRemover Pro program detects this threat and all others.
- SpyRemover Pro is quite fast! You need only few minutes to check your PC.
- SpyRemover Pro uses the special features to remove hard in removal viruses. If you remove a virus manually, it can prevent deleting using a self-protecting module, it takes hours and may damage your PC. If you even delete the virus, it may recreate himself by a stealthy module which you don’t want.
- SpyRemover Pro is compatible with any antivirus.
- SpyRemover Pro is convenient to use.
Preventive Security Measures
- Enable and properly configure your Firewall.
- Install and maintain reliable anti-malware software.
- Secure your web browser.
- Check regularly for available software updates and apply them.
- Disable macros in Office documents.
- Use strong passwords.
- Don’t open attachments or click on links unless you’re certain they’re safe.
- Backup regularly your data.