Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Browserquest.com? And how does it work?
Browserquest.com is a potentially unwanted program and a browser hijacker. It may look like a legitimate site, however, it’s not. If installed this browser hijacker compromises your web browsing experience since it modifies your browsers’ settings. This browser hijacker aims to force its victims in order to integrate ads into your browser every time you use it. These ads are sponsored by third parties to get or generate revenue when you click the displayed ads. And although the search engine is not yet considered as a malicious program, the fact does not change that it could redirect you to malware-infested sites. With just any mistake in clicking, you could land a browser hijacker such as the Browserquest.com.
How does Browserquest.com distributed?
Like most browser hijackers, Browserquest.com infiltrates computer by installing software bundles found in free sharing sites. Software bundling allows crooks to hide their malicious files behind the bundle so that naïve users can install all the programs in the bundle. That’s why instead of choosing the quickest way to install a program, it is better to do it using the Custom or Advanced option to help you avoid installing unwanted programs like Browserquest.com.
To remove Browserquest.com from your computer it would be better if your follow the removal guide below.
Step 1: Remove Browserquest.com from your browsers by resetting them.
- Launch Google Chrome and open its menu by pressing Alt + F.
- Click Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings located at the bottom part of the page.
- Click the Reset settings.
- And then click the Reset button.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Press Alt + H.
- Look for Refresh Firefox a t the top and click on this button.
- In the confirmation window, click Refresh Firefox again.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Press Alt + T and click Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then click Reset.
- Mark the box next to Delete personal settings.
- Click Reset.
Step 2: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 3: Look for any suspicious program related or responsible for the Browserquest.com and then Uninstall it.
Step 4: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 5: Go to the directories listed below and delete everything suspicious in it. Or other directories you might have saved the file related to the Browserquest.com.
Step 6: Look for the installer or software bundle you have downloaded or any suspicious executable file that may be responsible for the Browserquest.com.
Step 7: Right-click on it and click Delete.
Step 8: Empty your Recycle Bin.
Follow the continued advanced steps below to ensure the removal of Browserquest.com:
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading SpyRemover Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register SpyRemover Pro to protect your computer from future threats.