Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Leadtrack.pro? And how does it work?
Leadtrack.pro is a shady website that initiates browser redirects to other equally shady web pages. You can inadvertently visit this domain when you click ads online. Once you’re on this shady web page, it will initiate several redirects in a rotation that would eventually lead to unfamiliar websites. According to researchers, these annoying redirects are closely associated with a company called “LeadTrack”, claiming to be a “unique company offering sales lead management”. In addition, this company also claims to double both their customers’ and partners’ sales using a “simple, affordable and custom application software solutions”. Even though both marketing and online advertising are legal and means of increasing revenue, some cyber crooks take advantage of it and tend to display more ads than necessary just for the sake of profit – such as the case of Leadtrack.pro which is why it is categorized as both an adware program and a potentially unwanted one.
When you click on any content on this suspicious domain, it triggers new tab URL which would redirect you to multiple domain where you could find promotion about certain software or software update or even alerts that tells you your computer is infected with some virus. This is some of the things that make Leadtrack.pro somewhat dangerous to users as it poses risks to the infected computer. So if you keep having redirects to this shady domain, there must be some adware program installed on your computer that you need to get rid of to completely remove Leadtrack.pro.
How does Leadtrack.pro circulate the web?
Leadtrack.pro circulates the web via misleading ads on suspicious sites. And as mentioned, it could also be triggered by an ad-supported program installed in the system. These ad-supported programs circulate the web via software bundles you commonly find on free sharing sites. Installing these kinds of packages is quite tricky as you might end up installing all the programs in the bundle, unwanted ones included. This is why you need to opt for the Custom or Advanced setup whenever you install software bundles.
Refer to the removal guide given below to remove Leadtrack.pro from your PC.
Step 1: The first thing you have to do to get rid of Leadtrack.pro from your computer is to close all the affected browsers manually. If you find it hard to do so, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Once you’ve pulled up the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the affected browser’s process and end it.
Step 3: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now switch to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button.
- Then check the box for “Delete personal settings” and then click Reset again.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Leadtrack.pro or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Click on Advanced.
- After that, click the Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section.
- Tap Alt + H to access Help.
- Next, select “Troubleshooting information” and click “Refresh Firefox” at the top of the page.
- Now click “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the reset.
Step 4: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 5: Look for Leadtrack.pro among the list of installed programs and any other suspicious program could be affiliated to it and then Uninstall it.
Step 6: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 7: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files related to Leadtrack.pro and delete it/them.
Step 8: Close the File Explorer.
Step 9: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Removing Leadtrack.pro won’t be enough so you have to follow the advanced removal guide prepared below.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.