Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is ShoppingDealsLive? And how does it work?
ShoppingDealsLive is a browser extension that supposedly works as a shopping helper and is created to help users in shopping online. Creators of this dubious browser extension promise users the chance of choosing from a variety of big and exclusive shopping stores and saving money by getting premium discounts. This may seem like a useful and efficient program but don’t let its misleading promises tricked you into installing this program for it is actually a browser hijacker and a PUP. If you install this program, it will drop the ShoppingDealsLive toolbar into your browser and modifies its settings. It is known to affect several browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and more. After its installation, you will be constantly redirected to MyWay and other similar domains.
Aside from constant redirects to MyWay site, ShoppingDealsLive could also install additional toolbars, browser extensions, and add-ons on your browser without your permission. This allows it to gain control of your browser and so it can deliver sponsored content every time you browse the web. Some of these sponsored contents might redirect you to shady websites, so you have to be careful. What’s more is that you will also start seeing intrusive ads that could cover the content of the website you’re visiting. Apart from intrusive ads, this browser hijacker could also monitor all your online activities so it can obtain browsing-related information. The harvested data might be shared with its affiliated sites and be used to generate more ads. Thus, ShoppingDealsLive is nothing but a nuisance that also poses a potential threat to your computer.
How does ShoppingDealsLive spread online?
You can find this browser hijacker being distributed on free sharing sites as a part of some software bundle. So even if you don’t install it, it could still find its way into your computer when you install any freeware or shareware. To avoid unwanted installation of browser hijackers like ShoppingDealsLive, you must always opt for the Advanced setup instead of the usual quick one.
Make sure to follow the removal guide laid out below to successfully remove ShoppingDealsLive from your computer.
Step 1: The first thing you have to do to get rid of ShoppingDealsLive from your computer is to close all the affected browsers manually. If you find it hard to do so, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Once you’ve pulled up the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the affected browser’s process and end it.
Step 3: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now switch to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button.
- Then check the box for “Delete personal settings” and then click Reset again.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for ShoppingDealsLive or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Click on Advanced.
- After that, click the Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section.
- Tap Alt + H to access Help.
- Next, select “Troubleshooting information” and click “Refresh Firefox” at the top of the page.
- Now click “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the reset.
Step 4: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 5: Look for ShoppingDealsLive among the list of installed programs and any other suspicious program could be affiliated to it and then Uninstall it.
Step 6: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 7: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files related to ShoppingDealsLive and delete it/them.
Step 8: Close the File Explorer.
Step 9: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Getting rid of ShoppingDealsLive browser hijacker won’t be enough so you have to follow the advanced removal guide prepared below.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.