Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
If you have a Windows 10 PC and you want to customize the Start Menu apps by renaming them, read on as this post will give you instructions on how exactly it could be done.
As you know, programs get added automatically in the Start Menu once it is installed in the computer along with its default name. However, there are times when it could create issues when you try to look for an app that has a name which is kind of similar to another system app. For instance, if you install the Google Chrome browser, you can see this program listed as “Google Chrome”. So if you want to change its name to “Chrome” or whatever name you want to, refer to the instructions given below.
There are times when the Start Menu items or shortcuts or applications might not have the name you remember it by when you installed it and when you try to look for it, the search results may not provide the program you are looking for since it has a different name. If you want to rename the Start Menu items or apps in your Windows 10 PC, refer to the simple and easy steps below but before you proceed, keep in mind that you cannot rename the apps that are preinstalled.
Step 1: The first thing you have to do is open the Start Menu and right click on the app that you want to rename. For instance, if you want to rename Google Chrome, right click on it in the Start Menu.
Step 2: Select More among the options and click Open file location.
Step 3: You can also unhide the hidden files as an alternative and navigate to the following path:
From there, you can view all the programs that are currently listed in the Start Menu. Aside from that, you also have the option to remove them if you want to.
Step 4: Once you have entered the customized name to an app, you will see the following window.
As you can see, it says “File Access Denied” and that you’ll have to provide administrator permission before you can rename the file so simply click on the Continue button to proceed.
Note: As mentioned earlier, you cannot rename pre-installed system apps like Camera, Calculator, Calendar, and so on.
Apart from renaming the Start Menu items on your Windows 10, if you have more important system issues that you need to take care of right now there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you can use. This program is a useful and efficient tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions for downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit Enter.
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.