Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Amigo? And how does it work?
Amigo is a questionable browser advertised as a powerful web browser with built-in social networks. This browser is developed by Mail.Ru Group. What these developers didn’t tell you is that it is both an adware and a potentially unwanted program. Although this ad-supported program mainly targets Russian users, it does not mean that you won’t be encountering it in the future for it is distributed through software bundles.
Once it infiltrates your computer, Amigo browser may replace the browsers in your computer like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and other browsers that are set by default. It then initiates continuous redirects to go.mail.ru domain which is a shady website. Using this browser may require patience for it will constantly bother your browsing with never-ending ads that may even cover the content you are trying to view. Not to mention that it if you click on third party links it always displays, you’ll be rerouted to malicious websites that may contain malware or other scams.
Another bothersome behavior of this browser is that it can spy on you to collect personal information. The information gathered may be shared with third parties to deliver you sponsored contents that matches your taste according to the ads you click, search queries, websites you frequently visit, email address, and a whole lot more.
How is Amigo browser distributed?
Below are the removal instructions you need to get rid of the Amigo browser, follow them thoroughly for its successful removal.
Step 1: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 2: Look for Amigo browser among the list of installed programs or any suspicious program for that matter, and then Uninstall them.
Step 3: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 4: Go to the directories listed below and delete anything you can find suspicious in it, as well as other directories you might have saved the file or installer of the adware.
Step 5: Look for any suspicious executable file that has something to do with the Amigo browser. Right-click on it and click Delete.
Step 6: Remove Amigo browser from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- Launch Google Chrome and open its menu by pressing Alt + F.
- Click Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings located at the bottom part of the page.
- Click the Reset settings.
- And then click the Reset button.
- Start Mozilla Firefox.
- Press Alt+H .
- Find Refresh Firefox a t the top and click on this button.
- In the confirmation window, click Refresh Firefox again.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt+T and click Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then click Reset.
- Mark the box next to Delete personal settings.
- Click Reset.
Follow the continued advanced steps below to ensure the removal of Amigo browser:
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading SpyRemover Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register SpyRemover Pro to protect your computer from future threats.