Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
If there is anything the Universal Apps are known for, it is that they are miniature programs aiming to do one thing, which is to enhance productivity. A lot of add-ons for apps can be installed directly from the official Windows Store apps such as the “Photos DLC Main Add-on” which is meant for the Photos app in Windows 10. There are times when add-ons can cause problems in the Windows apps, so in this article, you will know how to uninstall the add-ons of the Universal apps in Windows 10.
Even though installing the app add-ons from the Windows Store is easy and at times it requires no action, there are users who are not knowledgeable enough to know how to uninstall them as these add-ons do not appear in the Control Panel nor does it appear in the Apps category of Settings. This post will show you a straightforward way to uninstall it and in this post, the example used is the add-on for the Photos app in Windows 10.
“Photos.DLC.Main” is the official name of the Photos app add-on where the DLC stands for “downloadable content” and can be found in the section of Settings. To start, follow the instructions provided below.
Step 1: Open Settings and go to Apps & Features and then click the Advanced options to access the Photos.DLC.Main add-on – as you can see, it does not appear in the apps list.
Step 2: Look for the app’s entry that you want to uninstall and click the Advanced options link where it will take you to the App add-ons and downloadable content section. From there, you will see all the installed add-ons for a selected app.
Step 3: After that, click on the add-on you want to get rid of and select the Uninstall option. And when you are prompted to confirm, click the Uninstall button once again.
And that’s about it.
Note: IF there are no add-ons installed for the app, you should see a message stating, “There are no add-ons currently installed for this app”. You can also do the same thing to any Windows store app.
You might want to check out a one-click solution known as PC Cleaner Pro that would surely help if you are currently facing some PC problems such as corrupted registries or slow PC performance, you can try a one-click solution in the form of PC Cleaner Pro. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system.
Perform a full system scan using PC Cleaner Pro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/pccleanerpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading PC Cleaner Pro. The installation will start automatically once a download is done.
- Click OK to launch the program.
- Run the program and click the Click to Start Scan button to perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click FIX ALL.