Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Clever Search? And how does it function?
Clever Search is a suspicious browser extension that displays various ads like discount coupons, deals, and other online saving ads on shopping websites such as Amazon, eBay, Bestbuy and other similar websites. Clever Search may seem like a useful program that would help you find great deals online but it is actually unsafe to use so you better consider the facts about this program before you install it.
The moment Clever Search is installed it will make modifications in the settings of your browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc. These changes are made so that you will be forced to use Clever Search every time you browse the web where you will be bombarded with tons of ads wherever you go. And even if you don’t install this program, there is a possibility that it could still end up in your computer as it spreads through software bundles. Because of these facts, security experts categorized Clever Search as an ad-supported program and a potentially unwanted program.
Although the majority of the ads displayed by Clever Search redirects you to legitimate online shopping sites, some of them could also lead you to suspicious ones that might try to coax information out of you or make you install an unknown program. This is another reason why you should remove Clever Search from your computer. In addition, it is clear that the main goal of this adware is to gain revenue through the pay-per-click marketing.
How is Clever Search distributed online?
Like mentioned, Clever Search is distributed as a part of a software bundle you can usually find on free sharing websites along with other free programs. Clever Search is added as an extra component in a package where it stays hidden together with other unwanted programs unless you select the Custom or Advanced installation setup.
You need to uninstall Clever Search from your computer if you don’t want to risk your privacy and computer’s security. To do so, simply follow these steps:
Step 1: The first thing you have to do to remove Clever Search from your computer is to close all the affected browsers manually. If you find it hard to do so, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: After opening the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the affected browser’s process and end it.
Step 3: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now switch to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button.
- Then check the box for “Delete personal settings” and then click Reset again.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Search.hyourweatherinfonow.com or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Click on Advanced.
- After that, click the Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section.
- Tap Alt + H to access Help.
- Next, select “Troubleshooting information” and click “Refresh Firefox” at the top of the page.
- Now click “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the reset.
Step 4: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 5: Look for Clever Search among the list of installed programs and any other suspicious program could be affiliated to it and then Uninstall it.
Step 6: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 7: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files related to Clever Search and delete it/them.
Step 8: Close the File Explorer.
Step 9: Empty the Recycle Bin.
You have to ensure that Clever Search is completely removed from your computer, along with the files it has created and you can do that by following the advanced steps below.
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading the program. The installation will start automatically once a download is done.
- Click OK to launch it.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register the program to protect your computer from future threats.