Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
It is a known fact that the Microsoft Edge browser is one of the most popular web browsers among Windows 10 users and to keep it that way, Microsoft constantly releases essential updates that help in improving the performance of end users. However, despite their efforts, some users still experience a couple of issues while using this browser – one of which is when users reported having problems with playing media and audio in the Microsoft Edge browser.
A number of users have reported that when they try to play a video or audio media in the Edge browser and they minimize Edge to the taskbar and then get back to it after a while with the intention of continuing the video or audio, the browser stops playing the media altogether. What’s more is that the media as well as audio stops playing when the screensaver begins to make an appearance. This may be because Microsoft Edge’s ability to run in the background is disabled by default so to fix this issue you might have to allow it to run in the background by changing its setting. When you allow this browser this kind of ability, it would be able to receive information, stay updated and even send you notifications when you are not using it. The reason why Windows have it disabled by default is to conserve the battery power of the machine. And so when you turn on the Battery Saver, Windows 10 would limit the background activity of your computer to reduce the power usage of the apps that are running in the background although you have the option to run in the background or to only select a couple of programs to run in the background in order to conserve battery power and improve the battery life endurance. In addition, this background setting must also be applied to any program that plays media or audio file.
If you want Microsoft Edge to continue running in the background so that you can resume whatever media you are playing, follow the instructions given below.
Step 1: Look for Settings in the Start menu and then open it once you found it.
Step 2: After that, navigate to Privacy then from the list of menu located in the left column of the page, look for Background apps.
Step 3: Next, select the Microsoft Edge app and turn on its toggle button so that it can now run in the background even when you’re not using it.
If the aforementioned steps didn’t work in fixing the issue with Microsoft Edge, then you might want to consider using a one-click solution to fix the problem and other issues you have on your Windows 10 computer all at once. This one-click solution is known as Advanced System Repair. This efficient program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions for downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now”button.