Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
If you aren’t able to turn on the Wi-Fi mobile hotspot and you see an error message stating, “We can’t set up a mobile hotspot. Turn on Wi-Fi” then you’ve come to the right place as this post will help you in sorting out the Wi-Fi mobile hotspot issue.
It is a given fact that internet is needed everywhere and if not the broadband or mobile data, we often stick to hotspot from someone. Even though the mobile hotspot is a suitable option, there are instances where it shows some configuration errors.
As you know, a mobile hotspot is a technology that lets users share internet connection with other devices using the Wi-Fi feature so if you aren’t able to turn on the Wi-Fi mobile hotspot you will get the “We can’t set up the mobile hotspot, Turn on Wi-Fi” error on your Windows 10 computer. There are a number of reasons that could lead to such error while trying to connect the mobile hotspot.
In this post, a few suggestions are provided to help you in figuring out what you can do to get your Windows 10 PC to successfully connect to the mobile hotspot without getting an error like “We can’t set up the mobile hotspot, Turn on Wi-Fi”. But before you proceed with the following options, you need to first check the connection with other devices so you’ll know if the problem is in your Windows computer or in the device you’re trying to connect to. The second thing you need to do is to check if the internet connection is working properly or not, or if it’s your system or the connection itself is causing the error. Once you have these two things covered, but you still aren’t able to connect to the mobile hotspot, refer to the following options.
Option 1 – Try running the Network Adapter Troubleshooter
Since Windows 10 is packed with various troubleshooters – one of which is the Network Adapter Troubleshooter – you can use it to troubleshoot the problem. To use it, follow these steps:
- Open the Search bar on your computer and type in “troubleshoot” to open the Troubleshoot settings.
- Next, scroll down and select the “Network Adapter” option from the right pane.
- Then click on the Run Troubleshooter” button.
- After that, your computer will check for any possible errors and will pinpoint the root cause of the problem if possible.
Option 2 – Try updating the Network adapter driver
If you are a regular computer user, you should know that outdated drivers are one of the main causes of some PC problems. So it probably might be the reason why your Windows 10 PC wasn’t able to connect to the mobile hotspot. That’s why it is recommended that you update the Network adapter driver and to do it, refer to these instructions:
Follow the steps below to update your Network Adapter Driver:
- Tap the Win + R keys to launch the Run window and then type in the “devmgmt.msc” command and hit Enter to open the Device Manager window.
- From there, expand the list of all the network drives and update each one of them.
- Restart your PC and see if it helped in fixing the issue with the mobile hotspot.
Note: If updating the network drivers didn’t help in fixing the problem, you can also try to uninstall the very same drivers and restart your Windows 10 PC. After that, the system itself will reinstall the drivers you just uninstalled. Alternatively, you can also download and install the drivers from the manufacturer’s website directly.
Option 3 – Try changing the Adapter Settings
- Pull up the Mobile Hotspot settings on your computer.
- And tap the Win + I keys to open Settings then go to the Network and Internet section.
- Next, scroll down the left pane and select the Mobile Hotspot option.
- And from the right pane, go to “Related Settings” and click the “Change adapter” option.
- Look for your mobile hotspot adapter, right click on it and go to Properties.
- Then open the Sharing tab and uncheck the checkbox labeled, “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”.
Option 4 – Try using the Registry Editor
- Open the Start Menu and in the field, type in “regedit”.
- Once the results come up, look for Registry Editor and right click on it and select the “Run as administrator” option.
- Then navigate to this registry key – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WlanSvc\Parameters\HostedNetworkSettings\
- After that, in the right pane, right-click on “HostedNetworkSettings” and select Delete.
Aside from the issues with connecting your Windows 10 PC to a mobile hotspot, if you are experiencing some other system issues as of late, there is a one-click solution you could check out to resolve them. This program known as Restoro and is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions for downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now”button.