Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
Outlook cannot connect to Gmail, keeps asking for password
Microsoft Outlook is one of the great email clients there is which allows users to use a variety of email accounts from one window. But no matter how great this email client is, there are still times when users experience some issues – one of these issues users experience is that they get an error when trying to add a Gmail account. So if your Microsoft Outlook can’t connect to your Gmail account and keeps on asking password instead, you are not the only one having the same dilemma as other users got the same error as well. In fact, this issue also happens with an account that was already added.
The leading reason why this error occurs is that you are trying to add a Gmail account which has a two-step verification setting enabled. The Windows mail app can provide the actual Gmail login prompt. However, Microsoft Outlook does not do that. It only shows the native windows where you have to key in your credentials such as the username and password once. Follow given instructions below to solve the problem.
For you to fix this issue, you have to enable IMAP and use the App Password to login. Even though IMAP should be enabled by default, you still have to check the settings just to make sure.
Open your Gmail account and click on the gear icon for settings located on the top-right corner and then click on Settings. After that, switch to the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab and make sure that the Enable IMAP item is highlighted and its status is enabled.
Next, you have to create an app password. What is an app password? An app password is a one-time password used to verify yourself in the two-step verification. To create an app password, open your Gmail account and click on your profile picture and then click on My Account. Afterwards, proceed to “Sign-in & security” then scroll down and look for App passwords.
And you have to key in your Gmail account password once again. After that, you can select an app and the device from the drop-down menu and then click the GENERATE button. You will soon see a password on your screen right after. It is a 16-digit password in Outlook rather than the regular account password.
Once you complete all these steps, you should no longer see the error. Now all that’s left to do is to repeat the given steps for every Gmail account you wish to add to Outlook. You shouldn’t have any problem then.
If you have other computer issues such as corrupted registries or slow PC performance, you can try a one-click solution in the form of PC Cleaner Pro. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system.
Perform a full system scan using PC Cleaner Pro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOSscreen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Optionuse the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Boxwill show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/pccleanerpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading PC Cleaner Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch the program.
- Run the program and click the Click to Start Scanbutton to perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click FIX ALL.