Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
Google Chrome is undeniably one of the most popular web browsers available these days. With Chrome surpassing the Internet Explorer, it is one of its notable achievements. However, Google Chrome is not a perfect web browser as there are still times when it encounters some problems – one of which is the no sound or audio issue.
If you are one of the users who are currently experiencing some audio problems in Chrome where it fails to play a sound, read on as this post will help you fix the issue. Before you proceed to the options given below to fix the problem, you have to try restarting the browser first or the entire Windows 10 operating system itself. And then check – if the problem persists, proceed to the following troubleshooting steps. But wait there’s more you can try out these additional tips before you really get started:
- You have to make sure that both your Windows operating system and sound drivers are updated.
- You have to make sure that you haven’t muted the speaker sound on your computer.
- Try to run the Playing Audio Troubleshooter from the Troubleshooters page.
- Lastly, try to run the Chrome Cleanup Tool and see if your browser has been hijacked.
After you have the list above covered but nothing worked in fixing the audio issue in Chrome, refer to the following options:
Option 1 – Check the volume of the speaker
This is one of the basic things you can do to fix the problem. Simply right click on the icon for Speaker and open the Volume Mixer. After that, you should see Chrome and check whether its volume is turned down or not.
Option 2 – Try to clear the cache and cookies in Chrome
Although not all users know this, but clearing the cookies and the cache in a browser is one of the best things one must try in fixing issues in a browser, audio problems included. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Right click on the vertical dots located at the top right-corner of your Chrome browser.
- Then select More tools and click the Clear browsing data button.
- After that, select the amount of data you want to clear and then proceed in clearing it.
Option 3 – Reset Google Chrome
If you don’t want to go over the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling Google Chrome, you can just simply reset it so that you can restore its default settings. How? Follow the easy steps below.
- Click on the dots visible in the right hand corner of your browser.
- Select Settings and click Advanced.
- After that, click on the Reset button. That should fix the problem. If not, you really have to try reinstalling Chrome.
Option 4 – Try to reinstall Chrome
If option 3 didn’t do the trick, you must try reinstalling Chrome.
- Start by closing Google Chrome and all of its tabs and instances.
- Once everything Google Chrome-related is closed, right click on the Taskbar and select the Task Manager.
- Then look for all the Google Chrome instances that might still be running and then end their processes.
- After that, click on Start > Setting > Apps.
- Then select Google Chrome under Apps and Features then click on the Uninstall button to finally uninstall Chrome.
- After uninstalling Chrome, download the latest version available for Chrome and then install it. Your Google Chrome should have no problem in playing audio.
For any system-related issues, there is a one-click solution you could check out – this program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using PC Cleaner Pro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/pccleanerpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading PC Cleaner Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch PC Cleaner Pro.
- Run the program and click the Click to Start Scanbutton to perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click the FIX ALL