Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Search.sonicpdfconverter.com?
Search.sonicpdfconverter.com is also one of the browser hijackers bundled with other free software that you download off the Internet. Once it’s installed, this browser hijacker will set the homepage and search engine for your web browser to search.sonicpdfconverter.com.
Search.sonicpdfconverter.com browser hijacker is typically bundled with other free programs that you download off of the Internet. Unluckily, some free downloads do not inform you that other software will also be installed and you may find that you have installed Search.sonicpdfconverter.com without your knowledge or permission.
Users can get infected with spyware by installing freeware carelessly
Users allow programs like Search.sonicpdfconverter hijack their computers only because users do not realize that some free programs carry additional software upon their installation of a software, that is suggested to the user during the installation of the main program. So when you decide to install a program from the Internet, pay close attention to its setup and always read terms and conditions. It is best that in the Settings panel, switch the selection from Standard/Default/Basic to Custom or Advanced. Or simply look for pre-marked checkboxes and statements written next to them, saying that you agree to install “new tab pages,” “default search engines,” or perform similar modifications on your computer, then deselect them and proceed with the installation.
How to remove Search.sonicpdfconverter.com
We have stated the necessary instructions below so that you can manually eliminate this malware infection. As a matter of fact, all you need to do is to modify the home page settings in the affected browsers. This isn’t that difficult. But we cannot say this can detects all other threats and removing them, it is still possible that you can do all that if you are an advanced computer user. But leaving any leftovers or harmful programs could lead to further security issues and threats. Therefore, we recommend that you invest and use a reliable malware removal application for the automatic protection of your PC.
Search.sonicpdfconverter.com removal from browsers
- Tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Select General on the left and click Restore to Default.
- Tap Alt+T and open Internet options.
- Click on the General tab and press Use default.
- Press OK.
- Tap Alt+F and choose Settings.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages.
- Add a new homepage URL address and remove the unwanted one.
- Press OK.
How to automatically remove Search.sonicpdfconverter.com?
These instructions indicate how to get rid of Search.sonicpdfconverter.com automatically. The instructions need to be applied on the infected computer.
- Turn the infected computer on. If it is turned on, restart it.
- When BIOS screen disappears after the reboot, tap F8 key repeatedly. Advanced Options menu will show up. If Windows logo appears, reboot the PC and try pressing F8 again.
- When you access Advanced Options menu, use arrow keys to navigate and choose Safe Mode with Networking. Press Enter to access the mode.
4. Wait for Windows to load Safe Mode with Networking.
5. Press and hold the Windows key and then press R key.
6. If you have pressed both keys correctly, Windows Run Box will pop up.
7. Type the following into the Open box:
Note, that there has to be a single space gap in between iexplore and http. Click OK.
8. Internet Explorer will open and a download dialog bar will appear at the bottom of your screen. Click Run to begin the installation automatically once SpyHunter is downloaded.
9. Click OK if your system asks whether you want to run SpyHunter software.
10. Run SpyHunter and perform a full system scan.
11. Once all the malicious infections are detected, click Fix Threats. SpyHunter will ask you to register the software.
12. By registering SpyHunter you will also be able to protect your computer from other potential threats. Once you have registered the program, the malware will be removed. Reboot your PC to fully implement the malware removal procedure.